Friday, January 30, 2009

Getting from A(lanta) to Z(ambia)

So, I am finally off. After a couple weeks of packing, tying loose ends, and sometimes tearful goodbyes, I am on my way to Zambia.

Packing went pretty well, in spite of me. My family deserves an award for not only putting up with my stress-induced
crabbiness, but for sorting, squeezing, and weighing my ever growing pile of "must-haves". It was only through their valiant efforts that I ended up with merely four (!) perfectly weighed suitcases. The "loose-end-tying" was really going on until the last minute, as I called my bank on the way to the airport, and payed my Bar dues online from the terminal! I won't say much about the goodbyes. :( I am going to miss my friends and family so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate so much all the prayers and support which has been given to me over the past two weeks and especially all the prayers going up during my three day trip to Lusaka. There have been quite a few things that could have gone very wrong, but quickly were resolved. I know that because so many of you are praying for my protection and well-being during this trip, I can continue the final leg of my journey with a sense of peace.

Sitting in an airport for nine hours doesn't give me too much else to say. Some prayer requests for the next coming days would be that I make it the remaining 24 hours of my trip without too many problems and that I adapt quickly to the time change once in Zambia. My office would like me to travel to another city to help with some training within days of my arrival. I would love to be in good enough shape to go and actually know what is going on!

If I do end up traveling next week, I am not sure when I will be able to post next, but at least I will be able to share about my first Zambian roadtrip!



Some views of the new Terminal 5 at Heathrow in London where I spent 9+ hours waiting for my flight to Lusaka.



My traveling companion (yet to be named) showing how I spent much of my time at Heathrow.



More views of Terminal 5



Maybe my last Caramel Hot Chocolate for some time.



Hi Sally!

0 comments:

Post a Comment