Monday, February 16, 2009

Mysterious Finding

Anybody know what this is?



The flat I am living in has been passed from generation to generation of IJM workers and interns. This makes it much more interesting than moving into a previously unoccupied space. This weekend I decided to clean out the two storage closets downstairs.  I found a few useful and a lot of random things which had been abandoned by scores of previous occupants. There must have been a Canadian here at some point, because I found several flags and maple leaf pins. (New Goal: Befriend a Canadian) Also, I don't think I need to buy bug repellent any time soon! Most of the cast-offs were pretty normal, but a few were more unusual, such as fireworks, a self-defense baton, and an old shower head. And then there is our mystery item. It is probably something highly useful and, once we figure out what it is, we will wonder how we ever lived without it. Any ideas? We are clueless.

(P.S. I can't figure out how to make the "comments" option show up on the main blog page, but if you click on the individual entry, you can then leave a comment.)





I should have taken "Before" pictures so you could better appreciate my organizational skills.

Orderly Closet 1


Orderly Closet 2

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Sara, no idea what that thing is, but you already have a Canadian friend. Elizabeth!!!

March 18, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Sara said...

That's right! Maybe I can send her a lovely Canadian scarf from Zambia. :)

March 19, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Post a Comment